The Right Kind of Attitude

by - June 07, 2016

Assalammualaikum and hey everyone!


To those who are fasting in this month of Ramadhan, I’ll pray that you’ll have a smoother and better fast than the previous one. Amin.

Soooo.....


I haven’t been updating in a while and I really wanted to write a new entry.

First up: whatever the things that have been happening in my life, so far (before Ramadhan starts)

It's been 7 months or so since my SPM days and to be frank, I really do miss it. I miss the easiness of life then, how we don't have A LOT of responsibilities to worry about and I miss the cheap canteen food.

(But we did complaint about how pricey the canteen food were anyways. I guess now that I'm out there in the wide world I realized, it wasn't that bad; the price)

But that's life. You'll need to grow up day by day; each day that passes by is an opportunity for you to become a better person physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally.

No, I didn't just copy and paste that sentence. It is actually the truth.

Never let a day pass by without you improving yourself. Make use of every hour that goes by in your life. Stop wasting time.

Being 18 isn't easy, especially for someone who refuses to grow up. Being 18 isn't easy, especially for someone who's still treasuring her life at 17.

#LifeLessons101: Move on and let go of your doubts and worries. 


In short, my life after SPM:


  • signed up for a part time job
  • signed up for a driving class
  • met up with one of my tuition teachers (it was a one-of-a-kind experience)
  • passed the computer test 
  • quit working
  • a JPA scholar (alhamdulillah!)
  • arguing over this year's Raya clothes
  • had a hard time choosing pre-U courses (A-Levels VS STPM VS Matriculation VS Foundation) and career pathways (Law VS Medicine)  (will write about those two later)
  • attended the JPA-Sunway University Briefing (and toured the hostel provided for the JPA holders that enrolled in Sunway University)
  • failed the JPJ KPP03 test (also will have to write about that one *sobs*)


____________________________________________________________________

A-Levels VS STPM VS Matriculation VS Foundation



It was hard choosing. Obviously when I was younger, I was like "A-Levels all the way!!!!!" but growing up and going through life, things aren't always easy. 

Of course I have my own personal reasons as to why I decided to cross out A-Levels in my list. It was done with a heavy, crying heart really because UK is one of the countries in the world I really wanna go to. So when I had to make that decision I know, deep down in my heart, even if I can't go there anytime soon, I'll definitely step a foot there one day!

Because I have ruled out A-Levels in my options list, I have the STPM choice. Honestly, my mother supported this option. She herself was offered a form 6 placement after SPM but was also offered a scholarship in which she chose the latter. Had she not been offered any scholarships, she would've opted for STPM in a split second. Plus, it is also universally recognised, an equivalent to A-Levels. So I thought why not?

Matriculation came into the picture. Really I didn't know about this one until my school told me about it. I honestly don't really know the layout of this program, didn't really give it much thought. All I knew was that if I am not offered STPM, Matriculation is my choice. 

I avoided Foundation studies in the first place, mainly because in December 2015, I wasn't sure of my future. So I needed that time gap (filled with studies and test psshh) to give myself a clear picture of my future. Now that I'm (kinda) sure, I decided to pursue foundation studies.


Basically, I wanted an international exposure academically, especially in higher education. Besides broadening my perspective on universal views, it will allow me to grow as a person mentally and emotionally. It isn’t that I thought local universities aren’t as good as the ones overseas, in which some of our local universities are great to be honest; I just wanted that international exposure.

_______________________________________________________________________ 



MONTH OF RAMADHAN IS HERE, ALHAMDULILLAH!


First day of Ramadhan has passed by smoothly for me and I hope that that’s the same case for you too, Insya-Allah. The month of Ramadhan is filled with blessings and rewards from Allah Subhanawa Ta’ala so do grab them.

Make extra effort for this special month.




  • TRY YOUR BEST to perform jemaah prayers at the mosque, at least for one or two fardhu prayers
  • TRY to be consistent in your tarawih at the mosque
  • Recite and understand the Quran and khatam at least once before Ramadhan ends
  • Lessen entertainment time i.e. watching movies/TV, listening to music
  • Lessen the amount of time you spend fiddling with your gadgets
  • Talk less
  • Perform sunat prayers i.e. Rawatib, Tahajjud, Taubah



Note that in a couple of the things in the list I mentioned as ‘Lessen’ or  ‘Spend less time….’. Gradually, you can avoid doing those things.



This list is also a checklist for myself. Honestly, Allah SWT  has locked up the ultimate distraction, Syaitan, for us for the whole month. We only need to fight against our nafsu. You can do this guys.


Keep telling yourself “This time around, during Ramadhan I will be a better muslim/muslimah. I will pray 5 times a day to become a better servant to Allah. Insya Allah. Amin.”

#LifeLessons101: Always improve yourself everyday. 


Also, I have grown fond of learning the meaning of surah from the Quran through Ustaz Nouman’s teachings via videos on Youtube. His videos, in my opinion, are easy to understand and he has a very deep understanding of Quranic Arabic language. The understanding of Quranic Arabic is very important because it tends to be more intense in meanings than modern Arabic. Often, the meaning of the aayat in the surah in the Quran got lost in translations when people make tafsir of translations book of the Quran.


You can watch his videos on Youtube. The channel is called Quran WeeklyHe’s also a founder of BayyinahTV which discusses on Quranic and Arabic studies. He teaches Arabic language via videos called, Arabic with Husna. Husna is his daughter and I find it beautiful and adorable that father and daughter bond through a very beautiful language. 

Last night, he made a live streaming video about Surah Al-Baqarah. The discussion is very deep and intense and he decoded the aayat with such description that made you realize, MashaAllah, Allah is Great and Powerful. He knows it all. 




After watching this video and took time reflecting upon myself, I realized I came and read Quran without humility. I came to it without the conscience of me, as servant of Allah, who still doesn't know anything. And that's the key. To come and look and read the Quran with humility not with pride or curiosity. 

#LifeLessons101: Approach something with the right attitude. 


Because the first aayat of Surah Al-Baqarah is Alif-Lam-Mim. It means nothing to us humans but it has its values and benefits. The second aayat translates as 'that is THE book that has no doubt in it.'

Ustaz Nouman also stresses on the meaning of 'غيب' which means a kind of doubt that disturbes you on the inside that makes you have sleepless nights and uneasy heart. 

It means to tell us that if us seek to be cleared of your doubts then it will give you what you want, so long if u seek it (that book; Quran) with humility. 

#LifeLessons101: You will always need guidance. Seek it.

MashaAllah. What a beautiful meaning. What a beautiful aayat. Indeed Allah is the Almighty.

Give this video a watch, please do. It opens my eyes as to what kind of attitude I should put on when I want to seek and read the Quran. I hope it will give you a new insight and may you benefit from this video. Insya Allah.

_____________________________________________________________________________



I hope that you'll have a nice day and whatever happens, put a smile on your face and be happy and positive. 

Until I write again, Insya Allah

You May Also Like

0 comments