Taking Off ― ONE OK ROCK (Pt. I)

by - December 21, 2016



Taking off  ―  ONE OK ROCK


ONE OK ROCK edits.

This is my first time editing pictures and actually posting it up online. The jittery anxiety-rush feeling is kicking in. This must be the fight-or-flight response Ms Ily talks about in Biology class. (I still have yet to blog about my college life. It's so very long overdue hmmmpphhh)

The images are from their music video. I just sorta print screen it. It's the beginners how-to editing pictures anyways and the easiest. And also because have you seen any of my artworks?

JUST. DON'T.

YOUR EYES WILL BLEED AND I'VE GOT NO MONEY TO COVER YOUR HOSPITAL BILLS.



But in all honesty, do check ONE OK ROCK out. They're a Japanese rock band which I discovered a few years back but back then I never really paid much attention to them. It's only after SPM that I really listen to their songs and I am hooked!! They were under A-Sketch (or was it Amuse Inc. I don't really know) but they've recently changed labels to Fueled by Ramen which is my most favourite music label cause Twenty One Pilots and Paramore are under these guys.

[[[You know, I like to believe the founders of Fueled by Ramen loves ramen and Japanese culture so much that they're driven by ramen. And one day in a ramen shop eating ramen blisfully, one of them (I like to picture it's two or three guys) said "Hey! Let's make a music label company cause like this ramen is hella good!!" and one of them would jokingly say, "And we'll name it The Power of Ramen". AHAHAHAHHAA. But little did they know, everybody is just so serious that without them realizing, they've got paperwork done, strategies outlined, preferences agreed and even some gigs or bands interested to join them. They started out fresh and from scratch, having not so good connection made it tougher but they preservered through. Hit rock bottom, they restartegized, even changing their label name to Fueled by Ramen because ramen is godly and heavenly and like why should we not use the world RAMEN?? So, a new year marked a newly reborn music label with better startegies, management and clearer goals and directions. And today, Fueled by Ramen is what we know of; a label with unique artists with diverse music preferences.

Of course, that's just my imagination. I believe they have their own story but whoever you guys are, I love you and I'd like to meet you and treat you for a ramen lunch. And perhaps you can give me free tickets to ONE OK ROCK concerts....? And also Twenty One Pilots....?]]]


Back to ONE OK ROCK

You guys can check out the members profile online; just Google it; and their discography. Personally, I think that their Japanese songs are very unique because while most Japanese artists go for the generic pop songs ― the dance-to-the-beat-songs-which-the-lyrics-don't-really-make-sense-but-still-a-very-catchy-song song ― ONE OK ROCK takes on rock, hardcore rock, pop rock and even ballad with their own twist (check out Mighty Long Fall, The Beginning, Clock Strikes, Last Dance and Wherever You Are). I extremely and deeply love their songs mostly for the lyrics.

Taka (the vocalist) writes most of the songs and I find him to be a very deep person. Songs like Be The Light, Deeper and Deeper, The Way Back, Liar, and Clock Strikes all have deep meanings behind the lyrics. Either talking about tough times, or being emotionally used as puppets, or being betrayed or just being happy without regrets; ONE OK ROCK seems to be bang on in delivering these messages through their songs.

My favourite song by them has to be Mighty Long Fall. I know, most fans' favourite would be The Beginning, but somehow Mighty Long Fall is my pick. Not to mention I've been listening to that song on repeat non-stop for days it even annoys my siblings off their heads.



Their live performances is a MUST WATCH because they sound just as good, or even perhaps better, live. Especially when performing their Japanese songs from Jinsei x Boku album. I find that Taka delivers a slice of rawness and more in-depth emotions into the songs they played live. Especially during Liar live performance. For beginners, do listen to their Yokohama Live Concert 2014. It's legit heavenly and pure bliss.

But if you're not a fan of rock music, please do check out Wherever You Are. It's a song Taka wrote for his sound engineer who's getting married. This song just make me go AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW





Things to add to eternally long list of My Bucket List:
    - See ONE OK ROCK live
    - Get Toru to teach me his hair flips cause God damn son! IT'S GORGEOUS


As a proof, please enjoy and drool over him if you'd like:






shades of green too cool

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. i tried listening to three of their songs hehehhe wah why do they include so many english lines dalam their songs and yeah that performance of wherever you are is so beautiful *^*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAAAAHHHHH I'm so proud to finally influence someone to listen to the band I live the most *^*

      IKR!!! "Wherever You Are' performance made my heart swell. And the fact he sounds just as good live, singing that song just makes me go AAAAHHHHHCH

      Delete